as a muslim, there is a guideline that we have to follow when entering a new house.
i did some readings & summarized what i read.
and i'd like to share it with you girls, with hope that this can be used as a guide & reference.
- be grateful for the blessing, for gratitude is one of the noblest of attitudes.
if a person is grateful to his Creator, He will preserve His blessing to him & complete it & increase it.
- say "bismillah.." & "assalamualaikum" when entering the house.
not only for a new house, this must be done everytime we enter the house.
and remember to always start your day with remembrance of Allah, may He be glorified.
- when entering the house, we must have intention to seek refuge from Allah & to worship to Allah.
among the ways in which you may seek protection for your new house from the evil eye and destructive envy is to say: "u’eedhuka bi kalimaat-Allaah il-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah (i seek refuge for you in the perfect words of Allah from every devil and poisonous reptile, and from every envious evil eye)".
- the Sunnah encourages reading al-Baqarah when entering a new house.
it was narrated (by Muslim) from Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "do not make your houses into graves, for the shaytaan flees from a house in which surat al-Baqarah is recited".
- Azan on every corner or room in the house.
this is done also to protect the house from the evil eye and destructive envy.
- always read Quran verses, Yassin & ayatul Kursi.
insyaAllah, our family, our home & houses surrounding our home are protected from syaitan.
- perform solat sunat hajat seeking refuge from Allah.
always believe that He listens & we as his servants must maintain spiritual contact with Him.
and pray, as Allah's always listening to our prayer.
- holding a kenduri kesyukuran, for holding a feast after acquiring property is favored.
- last but not least, we have to always put trust on Allah (tawakkal).
among the ways is to say: "bismillahi walajnaa wa bismillahi kharajnaa wa-alallaahi rabbina tawak-kalnaa (in the name of Allah, we entered the house, the name of Allah we leave the house, and to Him we have submitted/surrendered)"
and Allah knows best.